1. Mainly Music Group (Mondays) - from birth to 4 years old
Held at St George’s hall Cnr Thorne Road and Victor St, Birkdale every Monday of school term commencing at 9:30am.
10 Minute highlights of a session:
Children are introduced to music, creativity and more, plus families are given a chance to think about the God-part of life. $5 weekly per family.
about mainly music
• Young children and their caregivers enjoying music, rhyme, rhythm, creative dance and more
• Preschool children developing skills – co-ordination, fine motor movements, large motor movements, social interaction, appreciation of music and musical styles, language development
• Providing children with a structured environment and then a time of free play
• Bringing adult and child together for a time of safe interaction, and in doing so, teaching adults rhymes and songs that can be used at home to help with cleaning up, colours, counting, and more
• An opportunity for parents to network with other parents of preschool children
• In some groups, parenting workshops are held to help build the skills of parents
• In some groups, social activities are planned to help parents socially interact as adults; primarily mothers; however some groups arrange an annual activity for families
• Opportunities for families to be helped – practical needs such as meals, transport, help with shifting house, babysitting
• Celebration of Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day – reminding parents that they are undertaking a very important role as parent
In short, mainly music is an opportunity for adults and children to build memories and spend time together, sharing special time with each other.
the aim of mainly music
The aim of mainly music is to provide an environment where preschool children develop skills to enhance their preschool education, through the use of music, rhythm, rhyme, and other music related activities with the participation of a parent or primary caregiver.
a quick overview
Started in 1990, mainly music is a fun music group for parents or primary care givers to enjoy together with their young child. Throughout the morning, children develop gross and fine motor skills, language, imagination, mathematical and pre-reading skills as well as socialize with others. Each mainly music is associated with and is run by volunteers from a local church. Children are introduced to music, creativity and more, plus families given a chance to think about the God-part of life. Amazing to think that all this can be achieved in a loving, shared family environment.
For more national information on the mainly music programme (click here)
For more information on mainly music@APWB on-line, please contact us or Phone: 3822 1110
Youth and Children's Groups
- 3. Young People and God (Sunday Morning Group) - YPAG: for older youth in Grades 6 – 10.
- 6. Beginner's Bible For Kids - The Christmas Story (Nativity)
- YouVersion - Bible for Kids App
- 5. House Youth (Friday Evening Group) - A group for the Upper Primary & Lower High School young people (Years 6 - 10)
- 4. Little Heroes (Friday Afternoon Group) - for Lower Primary School children
- 2. Kids for Christ (Sunday Morning Group) - KfC: for Children 3 - 6 years and Primary School age