The Parish is a semi-autonomous unit within the “Corporation of the Synod of the Diocese of Brisbane”, a corporation established in 1870 under the provisions of the “Church Of England Act 1859”. The Corporation has adopted canons (rules) and regulations providing for the good governance of parishes and the parish priest and other clergy are bound by oath to obey the archbishop. Within that framework the parish manages its own affairs.
An elected “Parish Council” is responsible for the management of parish affairs and the control of its finances. Between council meetings three parish wardens, acting in conjunction with the parish priest, exercise management authority in accordance with any directions of council.
Council has also established a number of “Directorates” covering the major activities of the parish and appointed from its members “Directors” to lead those directorates. The directorates are:
- Functions and Catering
- Public Affairs
- Workplace Health and Safety
Council meets monthly and holds an annual general meeting, election of officers and consideration of the proposed budget in February each year. It’s accounts are independently audited.